Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Adding sleeves to a summer dress


I LOVE dresses for my girlies.  They look so pretty and feminine.  They are more comfortable than pants or shorts, IMO.  Plus my girls are tall but very thin- so pants (even the ones with the adjustable waist) don't stay up.  Big sister didn't even own a pair of jeans until she was probably 4 or 5.  Little sister has been given a few pair and I had one on her yesterday and she kept taking them off since they didn't stay up.  I don't have a lot of winter clothes for little sister so I decided I need to improvise.  I had this cute long sleeved onsie with pink penguins on it on under this pretty purple summer dress last week and it was cute, but a bit bulky.


So I decided I'd cut the sleeves off the onsie (since it was a bit short anyway) and sew them onto the dress.  It's not the most professional job, but it's fine for a 20 month old.  Plus usually sleeves stay more stain free than the front of shirts so I could find stained shirts with good sleeves and  do this too.  And I can always cut the sleeves back off if the dress still fits next summer (this purple one will not fit next summer) Now I have the rest of the onsie material to figure out something to do with it- it's too sweet to waste.



I also have my 2nd linky party going on here and I'd LOVE you to join!

HERE are are the many places I link to

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea, I love the idea of just adding sleeves to summer dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to keep wearing all of those clothes that still fit but aren't weather appropriate! I love it!
    gatheredinthekitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea! I would love for you to and share with Blog Stalking Thursday Link Party! http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-stalking-thursday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great idea

    ReplyDelete