Tuesday, October 18, 2011

McDonald's Pumkin Faces

I'm sure everyone has seen the pumpkin jars by good ole Martha here.  I came across this blog which used acrylic paint which I happened to have to I got started.  I basically threw some paint in a jar and swirled it around until it was all covered.  I did it twice, the second time with the extra paint that accumulated on the bottom.  Mine didn't take too long to dry maybe 24 hours.  Once they were done I wasn't sure quite what to do with them.  I am SO not a fan of Halloween, never have been even as a kid.  I'd be perfectly happy skipping right over October 31st.  But I DO really like fall decorations, so my decor centers around scarecrows, pumpkins, leaves, acorns- things like that.  So I planned on leaving these jars as plain pumpkins- they may not have looked as nice as the ones with the faces but I was ok with that.  I never got around to putting the handles on, and the next day I took my three little ones to McDonalds for lunch while my hubby was climbing a mountain with my three older kiddos.  They are doing the trick or treat buckets and thankfully we got the pumpkin ones.  The kids were happily sticking faces on their basket and I noticed that two kids got the same stickers and little sister got different ones- much smaller ones.  So I decided that little sister didn't need her stickers after all and brought them home for my pumpkin jars!  They turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself.  So if you don't have a vinyl shape maker or something cool like that- take your kids, grandkids, yourself over  to McDonalds and get happy meals!  One sheet has 2-4 sets of eyes, noses, mouths.  Plus the kids inform me the stickers glow in the dark!

I got the cookie jar at Walmart for $10- I LOVE it!

This guy is my FAVORITE

Pumpkin trio


I also have my THIRD linky party here!  I'd LOVE to see what you've been working on!

14 comments:

  1. what a fun project!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic project.. Popped in from make-it-Monday for a look..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny pots !
    Gattina
    ABC team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw you on MIM. I foolishly let my kids put their stickers on their buckets, had I seen your post first I think they would have had a lot less stickers ;o) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are certainly fun....Saw you on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love that cookie jar too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laurie! Great pumpkins!! Laughing about the McDonalad's stickers!! They look great! So glad you linked up to the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! Thx for linking it up to the Make It Monday party!

    Mary J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fun and not too scary for little trick or treaters. I always like that. Thanks for linking them up to Motivated Monday. I have been out of town all week this week so I don't have anything to link up to your party but I will be back next week.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of the stickers!! Love your pumpkins :)

    ReplyDelete