Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hats

I love knitting and crocheting hats for my family- they are fast and fun and most importantly everyone wears them!  Nothing worse that spending hours on something that no one wears, drives me batty!  I made Little sis a hat when she was a baby that I loved and tried to find a bigger size, it was a simple crocheted shells design.  I came across this (of course I can't find it now- but I'll update it when I do) one and REALLY liked how it integrated the shell pattern on the top of the hat.  That's one of my beefs with crocheted hat patterns most start out with a sc circle until it's big enough and THEN start the pattern.  I'm not overly thrilled with the looks of that so when I find a pattern that continues a pattern through the crown I tend to make multiples.  I made a pretty blue one for my step-mothers' birthday (no picture =( though)  So I used it as the start and then I added the brim from THIS hat and I LOVE it!  It was perfect for the long car drive.

LOVE the clip on flower

Winter hats go SO well with tank tops! =)

6 comments:

  1. I think it is super cute!! I am loving the owl ones right now :)
    Come follow me back!
    have a super day!
    Isabelle
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fab hat! Love it. I love knitting and crocheting too and it is great to see that there are patterns that look great on older kids too!

    Thank you for joining in at Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this so much! I'd be honored if you'd link to our Things I've Done Thursdays party!!

    Melanie
    http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/09/things-ive-done-thursday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. I love them.. Found ya on hop/linky party, officially following with smiles.. Great blog you have here & I can't wait to read more.. I'm Marilyn from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/09/its-officially-fall-crawl-day-1.html - hope you can stop in sometime.. :)) TY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sooooo wish I could knit/crochet! This hat is too cute! Love the flower you added. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute!! I can only crochet a line!! Ha!
    Thanks for linking up to Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete