Sunday, September 4, 2011

Microwave Truffles

Something that has NEVER happened in the 9 1/2 years that we lived here- happened yesterday.  WE RAN OUT OF PROPANE!  And of course it's on a long weekend and we are leaving on vacation Friday so I'll be without my stove/oven until we leave.  And of course I was getting ready to make cookies when I noticed.  So my crockpot, grill and microwave will be on double duty this week.  (My crock pot usually gets most of the summer off)  I searched around and found a microwave truffle recipe I could modify.  It's really more of a ganache but here's how I made it.


1 oz unsweetened chocolate
7 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp vanilla
I melted the chocolates and butter in the microwave in 30 second increments.  (Of course my microwave wouldn't change power levels last night.  I believe all my appliances are in on this together.  If my fridge quits- I declare a mutinty!) Once they melted I added the cream and wisked it together a bit.  The original recipe called for a mixer, I was too lazy to get it out at 9 pm.  The original recipe also called for toasted almonds, but I couldn't do that without the oven so I had some natural peanut butter.  I added a tiny plop in the bottom of my mini cupcake papers and then scooped the ganache over.   My recipe made 20 tiny candies of deliciousness.  Not bad for no stove!  Next time I'll try to add the peanut butter in the middle like Reeses. =)




7 comments:

  1. How neat- I would have never thought to use a microwave! I would love it if you linked them up on my blog party, Makin' You Crave Monday, over at MrsHappyHomemaker.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look so yummy! i will have to give them a try for sure. thank you for your kind words on my blog. they meant a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very cool!!! It'd be fun to make these in the microwave even with propane... haha! Thanks for sharing on Fancy This Fridays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are always good! Mmmmm! Thanks for sharing!

    I'd love to have you share this and any other of your amazing posts over at my linky party Create and Share. It posts every Wednesday. We open the party Tuesday evening at 8 pm for those who like to link up early. Hope you stop by... http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/2011/09/create-and-share-features-too.html

    Tara @Trendy Treehouse
    http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a little plop of peanut butter.....to go with chocolate. Yum! Aren't you creative?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cupcakes look delicious and so easy to make. I cook it with little difference. Added dairy milk chocolate and creams in middle after 30% baking. So delicious and testy dish.
    truck spill kit

    ReplyDelete