Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pink Zebra

Every now and then I let my daughter pick out fabric.  And then I remember why I only let her do it every now and then!!  She saw pj's for her American girl doll at the Farmer's market the other week, but I didn't really want to pay $12 for something I could make for less.  So I told her I'd make HER and Josephina a pair of matching pj's.  She bartered for a bit and the deal was struck.  So off we went to Walmart (since we live in the sticks and are thankful for Walmart which only opened up 3-4 years ago!)  She looked at the fleece and didn't find anything so we went over to the flannel, which I prefer over fleece for pj's anyway.  And what did she pick out- pink zebra print flannel!  I immediately thought it was hideous and tried to sway her, but she would not be swayed.  So pink zebra flannel it would be!  I finished Josephina's pj's with a cute little ruffle at the bottom and began working on Big Sister's.  I must admit pink zebra print looks quite cute on a 6 year old and her doll! 

                                                       Not enough zebra left for Little sis
                                          They are too long so I had to take them up.  They'll fit for years!
 Except now she wants a matching top for her.  It's cut out, but may be a while to be sewn.  Shirts are a pain to sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment